Theatre-lovers this one’s for you: the Montmartre Dionysia theater festival is coming around again, and they’re looking to be seduced by new scripts, dazzled by budding directors and even amazed by your acting skillz. English-language only.
Even if you’re not quite ready to release your inner playwright, you should mark the dates in your diary because this week of theatre is fun and friendly, and is hosted in the teeny-tiniest-cutest theatre you can imagine, the Au Petit Théâtre du Bonheur which sits halfway up a staircase to the Sacre Coeur. Then, for the final evening, it’s held on a boat!!
This is what the nice guys of the Dionysia have to say for themselves:
“The Montmartre Dionysia is, at heart, a competition. Four original plays, each shown twice, compete for the Best Play and Best Actor prizes. But it’s also grown into a larger festival: its third edition saw six other plays participating off-competition. Its fourth promises even more.”
Have a look at their website and Facebook page to see some pictures of previous festivals.
For information about how to submit a script or offer yourself as a volunteer, check the different email addresses on the website.
- Vegan cooking class in Paris: Pastry (yes!) February 13, 2018
- Origami workshops in Paris! February 5, 2018
- Alphabet challenge: F & G ! January 24, 2018
- Panto in Paris: “Jack and the Magic THANG” December 20, 2017
- Alphabet Resto Challenge: E ! December 14, 2017
- Alphabet restaurant challenge: A-D! December 5, 2017
- Tous au resto – BOGOF dinner September 21, 2017
- Hipster Hotspots around Faidherbe Chaligny, Paris May 27, 2017
- Paris Urbanism: Updates March 1, 2017
- 10h10: Co-working, cake and canapés October 10, 2016
What else has she written?