Theatre-lovers this one’s for you: the Montmartre Dionysia theater festival is coming around again, and they’re looking to be seduced by new scripts, dazzled by budding directors and even amazed by your acting skillz. English-language only.
Even if you’re not quite ready to release your inner playwright, you should mark the dates in your diary because this week of theatre is fun and friendly, and is hosted in the teeny-tiniest-cutest theatre you can imagine, the Au Petit Théâtre du Bonheur which sits halfway up a staircase to the Sacre Coeur. Then, for the final evening, it’s held on a boat!!
This is what the nice guys of the Dionysia have to say for themselves:
“The Montmartre Dionysia is, at heart, a competition. Four original plays, each shown twice, compete for the Best Play and Best Actor prizes. But it’s also grown into a larger festival: its third edition saw six other plays participating off-competition. Its fourth promises even more.”
Have a look at their website and Facebook page to see some pictures of previous festivals.
For information about how to submit a script or offer yourself as a volunteer, check the different email addresses on the website.
- Hipster Hotspots around Faidherbe Chaligny, Paris May 27, 2017
- Paris Urbanism: Updates March 1, 2017
- 10h10: Co-working, cake and canapés October 10, 2016
- Fête du vélo (Bicycle Party) 4/5 June May 30, 2016
- Interview with Lilac Yosiphon – Althea Theatre May 5, 2016
- Paris Lit Up Magazine N°4- Call for submissions! March 3, 2016
- New Theatre and Arts collective in Paris: Fourplay December 4, 2015
- Berkeley Books: quality second-hand books in English October 26, 2015
- "Take Me (I’m Yours)" exhibition September 30, 2015
- New hidden bar Lavomatic: laundry and a lager August 4, 2015
What else has she written?